I know, I know, it’s been a very long time since my last update. I wont go into boring reasons why this is – I’m sure anyone who ventures here would much rather hear about J-Pop / Anime etc. So, on the eve on the release of Kimagure Princess, Koharu’s very last single with Morning Musume, and with all boring real life business out-of-the-way, I will resume. Watch this space – I’ll be posting the Oricon some time tomorrow morning (with good news for AKB48 fans) along with some H!P and misc. J-Pop stuff… and let’s not forget anime!
Once again I’ve taken part in Hello Blog’s poll which outlines H!P popularity. This year it was a ranking of all the girls in H!P before April 1st – so the elder club was included.
Once again I acted on impulse, thinking (wrongly or rightly) to rank the girls I liked right at this very moment, and this is what it has resulted in – a mish-mash of Morning Musume past and present members and… Yuu Kikkawa (?). No Melons, Berryz or C-ute more notably, despite the fact I like them, I’ve never seen their personalities as much as the MM girls, so here I’ll make my justifications!
Finally, the longest unchanged line-up in Morning Musume’s history have released an original album! Not only does this album contain a staggering 5 singles but also three solo songs from, well, unlikely members.
- Resonant Blue
- Ame no Furanai Hoshi de wa Aisenai Darou?
- Take off is now! (Takahashi / Niigaki / Tanaka)
- Nai Chau Kamo
- Watashi no Miryoku ni Kizukanai Donkan na Hito (Mitsui)
- Guru Guru Jump (Kusumi / Jun Jun / Lin Lin)
- Jounetsu no Kiss wo Hitotsu (Takahashi / Niigaki / Tanaka)
- It’s You (Michishige)
- Onna ni Sachi Are
- Kataomoi no Owari ni (Kamei)
- Kanashimi Twilight
As Hello! Project seem to be sinking into a deep abyss, how does this years “Petit Best” selection sum up their year musically. From Morning Musume to Melon Kinenbi to MilkyWay the best of H!P is pushed onto this CD.
1. Resonant Blue (Morning Musume)
2. Genghis Khan (Berryz Koubou)
3. Edo No Temari II (℃-ute)
4. 16 Sai no Koi Nante (Natsumi Abe and Mami Yajima（℃-ute）)
5. Kizuna (Aya Matsuura)
6. Nannimo Iwazuni I LOVE YOU (V-U-DEN)
7. Charisma Kiirei (Melon Kinenbi)
8. Papancake (Tsukishima Karin starring Koharu Kusumi (Morning Musume))
9. Anataboshi (MilkyWay)
10. Seihun! Love Lunch (Atena & Robikerotsu)
11. Come Together (Ongaku Gatas)
12. C\C (Cinderela Complex) (High King)
13. Renai Rider (Buono!)
14. Koerou! Rakuten Eagles ( ℃-ute)
15. ＬＡＬＡＬＡ Shiawase no Uta (Wonderful Hearts)
16. Oki Tegami (Miki Fujimoto)
17. Hana Ichimonme (Aya Matsuura)
Can Morning Musume break the downward spiral that Hello! Project seem to have set themselves in lately? Or is this just another cover album that doesn’t twist the original songs enough to justify itself?
- Nagisa no Sinbad
- Dou ni mo Tomaranai
- Pepper Keibu (Abum version)
- Shiroi Chou no Samba
- Shieshun Jidai
- Ringo Satsujin Jiken
- Romance (Album version)
- Machi no Akari
- Koi no Dial 6700
- Pinpon Pan Taisou
- Watashi no Aoi Tori
- Jonii e no Dengon